Search The Editor's Blog

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Uru: Rock Meets African Hip-Hop




Nigerian singer Uru is bringing a new sound to the African music scene with her music, which she describes as "a blend of Rock and African Hip-Hop." A risk-taker at heart who includes Radiohead, Salif Keita, Bob Marley and Janis Joplin among her influences, Uru adds "I like to take chances and have fun with music, and make a difference while I'm at it!" Visit www.myspace.com/urumusic and urumusic.com to hear Uru's eclectic music and decide whether she stands out from the crowd of up-and-coming singers or if she's too eclectic for anyone's tastes.
***
(Photo Credits: Provided Courtesy Of Tantrum Records)
***
MIMI Mambo Link: On Her Way To The Top www.mimimagazine.com/may2006/02-05-tiwasavage01.html

1 comments:

claudius_max said...

I'm happy that Mimi's added a blog now. I read the magazine quite regularly and I appreciate the great work.