Search The Editor's Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Making A Difference



Since leaving the daytime soap-opera, The Young And The Restless, Victoria Rowell has been committed to using her voice to make a difference. She recently released the memoir, The Women Who Raised Me, in which she pays tribute to the women who helped her beat the odds (Rowell was a foster child). Now she's adding spokesperson to her list of duties. Victoria joined LACTAID(R) Milk, America's #1 lactose-free milkbrand, to educate lactose intolerant African-Americans about the importance of calcium and Vitamin D and the products available to help manage symptoms easily and effectively.

"Lactose intolerance is a common condition for African-Americans. I am also lactose intolerant and used to avoid dairy because I did not want thestomach discomfort that followed," said Rowell. "Over the years, I haverealized that avoiding dairy can put me at risk for osteoporosis. Products like LACTAID(R) Milk and LACTAID(R) Fast Act Dietary Supplements help me manage my lactose intolerance without eliminating dairy from my diet,putting my mind at ease about my bone health now and in the future. I also love that I can still enjoy my favorite foods with family and friends."

It is estimated 40% of African-American women in the U.S. over age 50 have either low bone mass osteoporosis(2), where bones become increasingly brittle and painful. For more information on lactose intolerance and LACTAID(R), visit www.lactaid.com

(Photo Credits: PRNewsFoto/McNeil Nutritionals, LLC)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love her, and i'm glad to see she's keeping busy now that she's left y&r

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

she's so great on y & r!