Search The Editor's Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Am An African Woman ...



I am an African woman ... but that does not mean that I am defined by hip-hop culture. My tastes are wide and diverse and encompass history and traditions from across the globe. I am Bantu culture, I am black culture, I am Ashanti culture, I am Fulani culture, I am Afro-Trinidadian culture, I am Masai culture, I am Ibo culture, I am Kikuyu culture, I am African-American culture, I am Zulu culture, I am Yoruba culture, I am the cultural elite, I am underground culture, I am pop culture, I am Afropean culture, I am mainstream culture, ... and yes, I am hip-hop culture.

MIMI Related Link: I Am An African Woman ...

(Photo Credits: Paul Hakimata © Dreamstime) (Model Used Solely For Illustrative Purposes)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this poem!

The Activist said...

this is fantastic!