Search The Editor's Blog

Monday, August 31, 2009

Stephanie Okereke Covers MIMI



Written By: Staff Writer—Award winning Nollywood actress Stephanie Okereke is looking absolutely fabulous on MIMI's September 2009 issue, which is slated for release next week. The release of MIMI's September issue coincides with Stephanie's release of her new website, www.stephanieokereke.net, and the nationwide release (in Nigeria) of her writing, producing and directing debut Through The Glass. Stephanie opened up to MIMI about her life and how its ups and downs have shaped her to become the accomplished woman that she is today; here's a snippet of what Stephanie had to share with MIMI in her interview:

"Acting is my first love. I will always be an actress. For behind the scenes roles, I will not stop myself either, I just go as the job demands and as my passion leads me. There are so many things I want to learn and master about the industry. I get excited just thinking about it ... [Through The Glass was] my first time writing, producing and directing. It was very tasking and humbling, it absolutely made me appreciate more the people behind the scene. The first thought of it scared the hell out of me, you know, stepping out of one’s comfort zone and also not wanting to fail in all these different tasks, but in general, it was an exceptional experience and certainly more comforting that people loved the movie."

You can read the rest of Stephanie's interview and much more in MIMI's September 2009 issue! Look for an annoucement about the new issue here, or follow MIMI on Twitter for up-to-the-minute updates.

8 comments:

African Queen said...

Stephanie looks radiant on the cover! She's too fab for words. When does the new issue come out?

naijagal said...

beautiful cover. we love and support you steph!

Anonymous said...

FABULAFRICANA NAIJA BABE!!! STEPHANIE, I'M YOUR NO. ONE FAN.

Anonymous said...

Gorg. She looks better than I have ever seen her.

bebe said...

when is the new issue coming out?

Anonymous said...

hi stephine, u really inspire me alot, God bless u

Anonymous said...

stephine u really inspire mi alot

tanks alot egoi enjoyed myself at the premiere nnabuike marlyn

prettiefoluke said...

genny i love ur face