Search The Editor's Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Looking Back On Sex And Love



Written By: Ellen Wanjiru—I'm in my late 20's and unusually anxious to shed the age of innocence and embrace my roaring 30's. I've lived quite the interesting life thus far and it is without a doubt that I can honestly say that I am officially ready to become a real grown up.

Who am I today? I'm a young lady with passionate creative goals and a clear and present vision. I pride myself on being extremely self-aware and ambitious about the things that truly matter. I think it's imperative to question ourselves, our thoughts and our actions in order to learn the intricate dynamics of our make up. Like Socrates so bravely put it as he stood trial, “the unexamined life is not worth living.” Because I'm not the same individual I was five years ago, my wants and needs have obviously changed.

When did I look for SEX? Well, I thought long and hard about this, weighing in on my past experiences and thinking back to why I did certain things. I came to the conclusion that I looked for sex for a variety of reasons, as I'm sure we all do. I looked for sex when I was too busy to give anything more or when I was too afraid to commit my mind and soul.

Read the rest of this article in MIMI's Love Africa, Always issue, in the article Looking Back On Sex And Love.

(Photo Credits: © Jim Jurica / iStockPhoto) (Model Used Solely For Illustrative Purposes)

0 comments: