Written By: Lolita's Cupcakes—Below is our standard cupcake recipe and instructions to recreate 24 vanilla
cupcakes. Before you get started, confirm you have the following baking items handy: cupcake baking trays X 2 (12 each) | cupcake cases X 24 | mixing bowl | mixing equipment or whisk | measuring equipment | spatula | tablespoon | wooden spoon | sieve.
Once you have all your baking paraphernalia ready, you are now on your way to baking some delicious cupcakes!
The ingredients you’ll need are listed below.
- Flour, 400g
- Butter, 400g (we would use 350g)
- Caster sugar, 400g (we would use 300-350g)
- Eggs, 8 (we would use 6)
- Vanilla flavouring, 1-2 tablespoon
- Toppings (of your choice)
Once you have all the ingredients laid out in your baking area these are the next steps to take.
- Preheat your oven on gas mark 170.
- Fill your cupcake tray with cupcake cases and keep aside.
- Measure your flour, sugar and butter and keep aside.
- Sift your flour and keep aside.
- Mix together your butter and sugar with your mixing equipment or whisk for about 10 minutes till it is soft.
- Then add the vanilla flavouring.
- Mix again a little bit, a few seconds.
- Now alternate between a tablespoon of sifted flour and 1 egg and mix or whisk till you use all.
- Then use your wooden spoon to mix your batter, making an “s” shape while you mix. This is to add some air to the batter making it fluffy when baked.
- Now bring your cupcake trays and fill the 24 cases ¾ to the top.
- Then place these 2 trays in the oven.
- Baking time is normally between 17-20 minutes so do keep an eye on them.
- To ensure they are ready, use a toothpick and dip it in one of the cakes. If the toothpick is very moist and sticky then the cakes are not ready but if nothing sticks on the toothpick then you have just created your yummy cupcakes!
- Keep aside to cool for about 15 minutes and then you are ready to top it with whatever toppings you choose. Whether buttercream or rolled icing one thing is sure, you’ll enjoy tucking into your delicious cakes!
- For toppings, check out the Betty Crocker buttercream range or your local supermarket range too will do.
Happy baking! For more information about Lolita’s Cupcakes, email: lolitasventures[at]gmail[dot]com. Check out our blog at: www.lolitas-cupcakes.blogspot.com and visit us on Facebook at Lolitas Cupcakes.
MIMI Related Links: How Sweet It Is: Lolita's Cupcakes; MIMI's Hot 21: Marcus Samuelsson: The Master Chef (No. 005)
(Photo Credits: © Ruth Black / Veer)