Search The Editor's Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

The 2013 Grammy Nominations Are In ...



((  Written By: Mimi Tsiane  ))  ... and I am totally underwhelmed.  I find going through the list irritating as I don’t know many of the new artists, I can’t pronounce their names and music nowadays describes all the intricacies of sex to a point where it becomes a physical and mental assault of the soul.  With that said here are the three Africans that could win a Grammy.  Estelle's (Senegal) song "Thank You" was nominated for Best R&B Performance, Wale's (Nigeria) "Lotus Flower Bomb" featuring Miguel was nominated for Best Rap Song, and Hugh Masekela's (South Africa) album "Jabulani" was nominated in the Best World Music Album category.
For a complete list of nominees, visit the Grammy's official website.
((  Photo Credits: Keith Major  ))

1 comments:

honeybfly said...

Aw, I love Estelle. Thank You is a beautiful song and I'm rooting for her.