Search The Editor's Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Behind The Blog: Onada Abodunde Blogs Style



((  Written By:  Staff Writer  ))  Wedding and lifestyle photographer Onada Abodunde has a love for all things fashionable.  Her passionate love affair with the fashionable has been fueled into some of MIMI's favorite websites: Onada Photography, Look Book By Onada, and The White Dress Shop.

Get to know the creative talent behind these stylish websites in our Q&A with Onada.

MIMI:  Tell us, Onada is ...
Onada:  Fun, ambitious and a total girly girl.

MIMI:  What is a normal working day like for you?
Onada:  I try to get up at 6.30 AM everyday but some how it always ends up being 7 AM.  I rarely ever sleep before midnight.  The night before I make a list of everything I want to accomplish the following day and I tick things off as the day progresses.  I read a lot of daily blogs (wedding planning, photography, fashion, finance) so I set aside somewhere around one hour to check out the latest updates on my Google reader.  I get a lot of email everyday and I do my best to prioritize how I answer them—If I end my day with under 20 unread emails I've done good!  I also manage 3 blogs—two business blogs and one personal blog and I try to update them one to three times a week—I'll typically add them to my list of to do's on days I decide I want to make updates.

MIMI:  What inspires you?
Onada:  My mother.  She's the most hardworking and caring person I've ever encountered and she's my number 1 fan :)

MIMI:  What do you love the most about fashion?  What do you hate the most?
Onada:  I love reinvention in fashion and how style recycles but with a different twist each time.  I don't know if there's anything I hate about fashion but I would say overkill of a trend isn't one of my favorite things.

MIMI:  What is the most treasured item in your wardrobe?
Onada:  I don't have one single treasured item.  I would say my purses and shoes.  However if I were to pick just one thing it would have to be my Chanel canvas reissue clutch purse with gold hardware. I've had it for 7 years and I still get asked about it whenever I carry it.  I haven't seen it anywhere since I bought it so I probably won't find it to purchase again if I lost it.

MIMI:  What one thing will you be investing in this Spring/Summer?
Onada:  For spring and summer I'll probably buy a bunch of floral, white and pastel colored clothing.  I also plan to invest in some khaki and bright colored mid thigh shorts from J Crew.  For shoes, top on my list is to get a new pair of ivory Siegerson Morrison flatsI had a pair last summer and wore them to bits and they pretty much fell apart.  They were well worth the amount I spent on them.  I plan to buy a new pair of jeans as well.  I haven't purchased a pair in two years as I'm usually in skirts and dresses (with tights in the winter).

MIMI:  What is your favorite city and why?
Onada:  My favorite city in the entire world is Vienna.  I was born there, spent part of my childhood there and went to college thereit's absolutely beautiful especially in the summer.  I love Europe and I could live in Vienna any dayit holds a lot of memories.

MIMI:  What are you listening to on your iPod?
Onada:  Right now I'm listening to 9ice's new album, Tradition which I bought on iTunes!

MIMI:  What is your favorite book, movie, and who is your favorite style icon?
Onada:  My favorite book off the top of my head is Ake by Wole Soyinka, my second favorite favorite is Graceland by Chris Abani.  My favorite chic lit authoress is Sophie KinsellaI love the Shopaholic series :)  Favorite movies—Untamed Heart with Marisa Tomei and Christian Slater.   I also love the Lord of the Rings trilogy and I'm a sucker for the Titanic love story.  I have a bunch of style icons I love but my absolute favorite style icon is Iman.

MIMI:  What is the best piece of advice you've been given?
Onada:  "Pennywise Pound Foolish"my dad said this to me all the time growing up.  It's the best money advice I've ever gotten.

((  Photo Credits:  Onada Photography  ))

5 comments:

Good Naija Girl said...

I looooove Onada, and I love learning more about what makes her the fantastically organized and fashionable woman she is. Great feature!

honeybfly said...

Great interview; will have to bookmark Onada's LookBook.

Os. said...

Interesting Interview and I quite like her photos, impressive! Good job!!!

1511th said...

Awwwww that is my girl! Loved this interview, very inspirational. Loved the questions too. Great post

Prix Photographe Mariage said...

I just happened to come across your blog. Nice posts. I like this one very much. They are more content oriented than the usual ones you find these days. And the best part is the simplicity in your posts and the language you use in them. I have added you to my favorites. And I will continue to pay frequent visits to your blog. Expecting more such quality stuff from you. Carry on !