Search The Editor's Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

J'Adore Aya



((  Written By:  Nani Hapa  ))  If you have followed my posts on MIMI's Editor's Blog over the years, then you know that I am a *big* fan of the graphic novel series Aya, by Marguerite Abouet and Clement Oubrerie, about life in the Ivory Coast during the 1970s, a particularly thriving and wealthy time in the country’s history.  For those of you who are behind on your Aya reading, catch up with the first two graphic novels in the series by reading Aya, Life In Yop City, which is a summary of the first two books (two for one, got to love it!).  For those of us who are all caught up with Aya's adventures with her friends, read the latest installment of Aya with today's release of Aya: Love in Yop City.


Aya: Love in Yop City is the conclusion to the series.  According to the publisher, "we see Aya and her friends beginning to make serious decisions about their future.  When a professor tries to take advantage of Aya, her plans to become a doctor are seriously shaken, and she vows to take revenge on the lecherous man.  With a little help from the tight-knit community of Yopougon, Aya comes through these trials stronger than ever."

I pre-ordered my copy a week ago (yes, I'm a nerd at heart), so I'm off to check my mailbox to find out if it has arrived (crossing my fingers).


((  Photo Credits:  Marguerite Abouet and Clement Oubrerie ))

0 comments: