2. Visit Africa; a trip to South Africa this year would be *amazing* with both the World Cup and the best African Fashion Weeks being hosted there this summer.
3. Learn French; it’s widely spoken in at least 20 African countries including Benin, Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Madagascar, Mali and Senegal.
4. While you're learning French, learn how to say hello, goodbye, please and thank you in a second African language; get started with www.africanlanguages.com.
5. Try purple lipstick; the consensus says it’s a fashion do!
6. Get healthy; as actress Stephanie Okereke says, "the body you take care of today will take care of you tomorrow."
7. Embrace Afri-chic style; inspiration is all around.
9. Make a difference by giving to charity; whether it's time, money, or something unconventional, it all makes a difference. Take note from model Noella Coursaris, who started the Georges Maliaka Foundation.
(Photo Credits: Iconogenic) (Model Used Solely For Illustrative Purposes)